There were Vervet Monkeys (not Velvet monkeys as I'd originally thought...)
....Cheetahs (we were really lucky to see one this close, we happened to walk past at feeding time but they usually take the meat and run off with it to eat in private. We were literally feet away from all the bone-crunching action...)
....Meercats (who are very cheeky and love to pose)
..... Hippopotamuses (who look cute but just have the most amazing power behind them when you see them up close. You wouldn't want one of these things charging at you....)
......Little beasties like crocs and snakes.....
......Lions (sleeping instead of prowling)
....And of course, kangaroos. Seeing one of these so close was like a mythical legend had come to life. I'd heard about them and seen pictures all my life but to really see a proper kangaroo, one of the national and stereotypical symbols of Australia was insane!
We missed the Safari bus trip round the reserve to see zebras and things but will definitely be going again so it's something to look forward too! Also had the typical tourist-type photo taken whilst I was there...
Victoria x
No comments:
Post a Comment