Thursday, 7 April 2011

What a load of bollards....

I'm always interested in things that make me go "huh" with an appreciative look. Upon arriving in Geelong and having a look around the Bay for the first time (to me it's a beach - it has sand and water and an ice cream man. That's a beach. But I'm informed it's actually part of Corio Bay which forms the larger Port Phillip Bay) I kept seeing 6foot tall wooden posts all done up in various painted outfits....





I like to think that these next ones are about to launch into God Save the Queen...





The next is my personal favourite. Sad clown. I've got a pillowcase I've slept on since I was a baby (yes I've brought it to Oz with me) with a story on it about a sad clown who loses her necklace. It's so sweet and I love it, which is probably why I love this bollard best. 



The next I believe is a bollard of Eddie Izzard....


They're called bollards with around 100 of them scattered along the waterfront for a mile or two, and they were designed by Melbourne artist Jan Mitchell and depict the peoples of Australia from different cultures and Geelongs history. Whilst I'm here I'm going to get a picture of each one, just because I can. Can't be many people who have done that! Enjoy!

Victoria x

1 comment:

  1. ...love the bollards muchly...I'm guessing they're about 6ft high ?? ..if going for the set , are you going to photo them all ?? ..I think I'd have to find them all just to make sure I'd seen the best...!!..or is that just me..??...good hunting , tally-ho and all that xxx me

    ReplyDelete