Monday, 21 March 2011

Yorkshire Puddings in Oz

Being over here means I'm missing my family loads; Mum, Dad and my sisters Jenn, Katie and Helen. Everything would be set if they all decided to be as potty as me and move here! They would all love it, but I've a feeling a few characteristics of Aussie life would, as us Yorkshire folk say, "put them about a bit" (i.e. make them uncomfortable)....

Mum would LOVE: The sunshine, the regular 35degree heat during the Summer months, the clear blue skies....
Mum would HATE: The insects and creepy crawlies that generally mind their own business but can sometimes be deadly...

Dad would LOVE: The culture, seeing how the other half of the World lives, bustling about in their history.
Dad would HATE: The lack of choice in teabags. No Tetleys, no Typhoo and definately no PG Tips!

Jenn would LOVE: The fact that there are platypus' hanging around in places.
Jenn would HATE: The fact that these platypus' are venomous.

Katie would LOVE: Collecting wierd stuff. Huge pinecones, crazy coloured beetles, wild flowers.
Katie would HATE: Sunburn. She's a delicate creature is my sister, even sat indoors she'd begin to pinken.

Helen would LOVE: The abundance of hunky Australian men. There's something about the accent...
Helen would HATE: Nothing, she'd love it all!

I definately think they should up sticks and stay here for a while like me :)

Victoria x

1 comment:

  1. I love platypi! But I do hate that to own one I would need to wear gloves for the rest of my life.

    I might just attatch a beak to Merlin. Sorted.

    Wish we could all come over (bringing our own tea bags, obviously)

    Things to add:
    Dylan would love - little versions of animals ("Little Penguins") and the huge versions of fruit.
    Dylan would hate - not being able to watch Alphablocks.

    Tom would love - sulking if we make him walk around a beach for too long
    Tom would hate - not being able to get Wednesday matches on the radio

    Zak would love - that there are new people to make lose the game
    Zak would hate - being made to lose the game by an Australian

    Loving the blog, and missing you loads too :( Jenn XxX

    ReplyDelete