When I left University in 2009 I had two things at my disposal. My 2:1 degree in English Literature and Language, and my eyelashes, both of which I went on to flutter at prospective employees in the hope of making my way in the real world. It's through a job I eventually landed that I met a guy who originates from Geelong, Australia, and when life, as it often does, decided to barge into my plans I simply changed my course and bought a one-way ticket to Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne. So here I am in Geelong.

The 24hr flight from England was somewhat lengthened by problems with the plane's engine. Not exactly calm inducing when you think about everything else I was dealing with at that moment. Leaving my family and friends, flying alone, anxious to be met at the destination Airport correctly, what time the free bar on the plane would open... Luckily I could calm myself with some films playing on the headrest screen of the seat in front of mine. Watched The King's Speech starring Colin Firth. Big fan of Colin Firth. Also big fan of any water he happens to be near that may turn his shirt see-through (The King's Speech therefore no patch on Pride and Prejudice).
I'm hoping to record all my new adventures via this blog so I can look back one day and be proud of how fearless I was in my youth. Fearless or foolish, it remains to be seen. But pessimism is not my particular bag right now, and I'm enjoying my can-do attitude that I apply to nearly everything I do thesedays. The only thing I can't do is deal with huntsman spiders just yet, having met my very first Australian arachnid recently. But I'll work on it...
Victoria x

No comments:
Post a Comment